Porcelain Veneers – Rochester, NY
Transform Your Smile
If you notice multiple flaws in your teeth, it can be discouraging and overwhelming. Where do you start? How long and how many different procedures could it take to get the results you’re looking for? Well, at Vollo Dental Group, we offer a solution that could help you with all of them at once—porcelain veneers. Opting for these small shells can revitalize your smile and your confidence to let it show.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin sheets of ceramic material that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth to change their shape, color, size, and positioning. As a result, they are used to correct or cover the following cosmetic flaws:
- Gaps between teeth.
- Discolored teeth that don’t respond to professional whitening.
- Chipped or cracked teeth.
- Small teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Worn-down teeth.
- Slightly misaligned teeth.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
Because of the material, porcelain veneers have many advantages, including the following:
- They look completely natural. They reflect light like tooth enamel, so no one will be able to tell.
- They are comfortable. The porcelain material won’t irritate your gums and should fit perfectly in your mouth.
- They are extremely durable. Porcelain veneers can certainly withstand the normal wear and tear you subject them to.
- They are stain resistant. In fact, porcelain veneers resist stains better than tooth enamel.
- They are very versatile. They can conceal several different kinds of flaws simultaneously.
What is the process for getting porcelain veneers?
After you and one of our talented dentists determine that porcelain veneers are the right choice for you, the process for placing porcelain veneers goes as follows:
- Your dentist may administer a local anesthetic.
- They will remove a small portion of tooth enamel to make space for the veneers.
- Then we take an impression of your teeth and send this information to a dental lab, where your custom veneers will be crafted.
- Before you leave, we will place temporary veneers so that you can start to become accustomed to the feel of veneers.
- When the final products are ready, you will return to our office so that your dentist can bond the veneers to your teeth, instantly transforming their look.
In as few as two appointments, you could have the smile you’ve always wanted!
Am I a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
Not everyone should get porcelain veneers. For instance, if you have poor oral health, you may not be a good candidate. If, however, your teeth and gums are healthy, and especially if you have several imperfections that you want to address at the same time, porcelain veneers could be the solution for you! But the best way to know whether porcelain veneers could work for you is to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists.
At Vollo Dental Group, we are committed to helping you reach your smile goals through the most effective and efficient treatments. In many cases, porcelain veneers give patients the results they need quickly and enhance their confidence in their smiles. For more information about porcelain veneers or to make an appointment, contact us today!