December 1, 2019
Did you know that your smile is one of the first things that someone notices about you? That’s why it’s important that you’re not afraid to show it off. This holiday season, give yourself or someone you love the gift of professional teeth whitening near Greece, NY. You can improve your self-confidence and get the smile you’ve always wanted, just in time for the holidays. Read more to learn just how teeth whitening works.
How In-Office Teeth Whitening Works
For patients who want to see drastic, quick results, ZOOM! in-office whitening is the perfect treatment. With this procedure, your smile can get up to ten shades whiter after just one hour in the dental chair.
First, your cosmetic dentist near Greece will document the current shade of your teeth to allow you to compare the before and after once the procedure is finished. Then, your dentist will clean your teeth and protect your gums by isolating them with gauze and a cheek retractor. Next, they will apply a highly concentrated bleaching gel to your teeth and shine a special light on them to activate the whitening agent. When that is finished, your dentist will rinse your teeth and apply a fluoride varnish to reduce sensitivity. Finally, we’ll take photos so that you get to see how much of a difference your treatment truly made.
How Take-Home Whitening Works
Maybe you want a whiter smile, but you don’t want or have time to sit in the dental chair for an hour. That’s why your dentist near Greece offers an alternative – at-home whitening kits. For best results, follow the specific instructions your dentist gives, but here is a quick rundown of how the process will go:
- Your dentist will take impressions that are then used to create custom whitening trays that fit your teeth perfectly.
- Again, the original color of your teeth will be documented.
- When your trays are ready, you can start wearing them. Before placing them in, brush and floss so that your teeth are as clean as possible.
- Apply the whitening gel to the inside of the trays as instructed.
- Wear the trays for as long as your dentist advises. During this time, you can do pretty much whatever you want, as long as it’s not eating.
- Repeat the process every day for about two weeks. Your smile should be several shades brighter by then!
To make sure your results last, simply use at-home whitening trays for a touch-up every once in a while. This will help your smile stay bright long after the holidays are over!
About the Author
Dr. Joseph Vollo received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from SUNY Buffalo. Following that, he completed his post-doctoral Advanced Education in General Dentistry at the Western New York Veterans Hospital. He started his own practice, Vollo Dental Group, in Rochester, NY in 2014, and has loved every minute of it. His practice offers both at-home and in-office teeth whitening near Greece to get you the bright smile you deserve just in time for the holidays. To learn more, you can contact Dr. Vollo at (585) 225-9114.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.