April 17, 2023
Do you find it easy or hard to show off your pearly whites? Has it been a while since your last dental checkup and cleaning? Have you considered trying cosmetic dentistry to boost your appearance and recapture your confidence? Nowadays, hiding your appearance and your smile is difficult, especially with social media everywhere you look. But did you know there are actual benefits to smiling? Find out how cosmetic dental care can help you look forward to sharing your grin with others.
What Kind of Cosmetic Dental Treatments Are Most Beneficial?
When scheduling an appointment to meet with your dentist, you will discover there are many different types of cosmetic dentistry available. Although you may only qualify for one, maybe two, these treatment options will make it easier to show off your smile to those around you:
- Veneers – As porcelain or ceramic sheaths that cover teeth and hide their imperfections, dental veneers are an ideal solution for anyone who wants to transform their appearance.
- Metal-Free Restorations – Customized crowns, fillings, inlays, and onlays are great when it comes to treating decayed or damaged teeth. And the materials used will blend in with existing, healthy teeth.
- Direct Bonding – If a small flaw is what is bothering you, direct bonding can be used to cover it quickly and easily in just one appointment. Using composite resin that is matched to your existing enamel shade, it will blend in and create a beautiful aesthetic.
- Teeth Whitening – If tooth stains or discoloration are the problems, in-office or take-home teeth whitening can be the answer. Using high-grade bleaching gel and customized trays (for take-home patients), stains are eliminated above and below the surface.
- Gum Recontouring – An uneven gumline can be just as much of a problem as stained or chipped teeth, which is why gum recontouring is a great way to remove excess tissue and create a balanced smile.
Why is Smiling Beneficial?
Once you feel good about the results of your cosmetic treatment, you will find that it impacts you in various ways. Not only will you appreciate the physical changes and improvements, but you’ll discover that your mental and emotional well-being will also improve.
To learn what makes smiling so beneficial, here are a few reasons:
- You’ll be a happier individual because smiling is known to stimulate areas of the brain that cause happiness.
- You’ll feel more confident, which can positively impact your professional life, helping you to obtain promotions. It can also help you to appear more friendly, which can be beneficial to your personal life when meeting new people.
- You’ll better manage stress in your life, as smiling helps to lower stress signals in the brain and instead create a safe feeling.
- You’ll find that you appear more youthful than you are because a beautiful smile often leads others to assume you are younger.
- You’ll enjoy a better immune system according to researchers at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine’s Department of Clinical Immunology that state, smiling and laughter can boost white blood cells, which help to combat infections.
Don’t continue to be unhappy with your grin. Consider cosmetic dentistry to boost your appearance, your mental health, and how you view yourself. Before you know it, you’ll be showing your smile off to the world.
About the Author
Dr. Joseph Vollo is a dentist near Greece who earned his DDS degree at SUNY Buffalo before completing a post-doctoral Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency at the Western New York Veterans Hospital. He and his colleague (and wife), Dr. Katherine Vollo, want all patients to be confident in their smiles, so if you are interested in cosmetic dental treatments, contact us via our website or call (585) 225-9114.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.